A campaign by Bangalorean students, who have decided that they’ve had enough of potholes, smoke in their faces, militant auto-drivers and traffic pile-ups, and that its time to go green on wheels. We’re kick-starting Eco-Pool by attempting to reform our college-mates, but for all we know, it could catch on quicker than we think possible. So here’s what you can do: write in and flood the inbox of greenonwheels@gmail.com with your Bangalore road experiences. We’ll post it under your name, and maybe eventually, Eco-pooling could pave the way for a greener and less-clogged-up Bangalore.

Friday 5 March 2010

My automate

The car beside my auto was honking into my ear constantly. It irritated me so much that I wanted to hurl something in that driver’s face. I was on my way to college was running late as usual because of the crazy traffic. I was clenching my teeth and controlling my temper because I didn’t want to start my day on a bad note. On the footpath there was a girl calling out for an auto when I stressed to listen clearly I heard her say Christ University. She wasn’t getting an auto and seemed like she was getting frustated. I waited for a while and something struck my mind. I called her and told her that I’m from Christ too and we could share the auto if it was okay with her. After a moment of speculation is agreed. We started chit chatting and talking about college, attendence and movies etc. we were so engrossed in our conversation that we didn’t realise we had reached college already. Before going to our respective classes we exchangd numbers. And from that day onwards we both started traveling together. over the time we developed a special bond and both of us became very good friends. Now when we travel to college both of us focus more on our conversations than the traffic.

Rana

No comments:

Post a Comment